No products in the cart.
OGPA Advisory Board
The OGPA Advisory Board consists of individuals with a mixture of business, legal and sporting expertise who support the OGPA and its mission.
- Sid is the Chairperson of the Advisory Board of the OGPA, and a Site Leader in online retailer Amazon’s Sydney fulfilment operations. He has seven years’ experience leading large organizations to deliver challenging objectives. Prior to this, Sid was a management consultant with Sydney-based firm Partners In Performance.
- He earned his MBA from Oxford University, and graduated in Engineering from the University of Wollongong, as a member of Bluescope Steel’s engineering Cadetship program.
- His passion is in creating great communities, workplaces, and promoting diversity and representation. He’s previously demonstrated this through his founding of community organizations The Illawarra Rotaract Club, and Engineers Without Borders – Illawarra Chapter, and he is keen to bring this passion and energy to golf.
- Liam is the Sports Director at Wilkinson Butler – a leading Australian Corporate Affairs firm, focused on building and protecting reputations and influencing change.
- Liam specialises in crisis, issues, and media management – providing both high-level strategic counsel and tactical assistance. He manages the image and reputation of some of Australia’s biggest companies and executives.
- In 2021, Liam worked for the Australian Olympic Committee in the Public Affairs team at the Tokyo Olympics, advising athletes, coaches, and officials.
- Prior to his career in Public Relations, Liam was a Sports Journalist for 19-years. He reported for the 6pm News, Sunrise, and the Morning Show on Channel 7, for Sports Tonight on Network 10 and on radio with Triple M and 4BC.
Jason de Boer
- Jason is a Partner at BDO, a leading global accounting, tax and advisory firm.
- Jason has over 21 years of experience in providing strategic and commercial tax advice to a broad range of public and private corporate clients and not for profit entities.
- Jason is passionate about growing the golf industry in Australia and is keen to explore all ideas on how best to do it
- Warwick turned professional in 2002, earned a reputation as a short game expert
- He is the Head Teaching Professional at New South Wales Golf Club, a role he has held since 2019.
- As an amateur he won the 2000 NSW Amateur and Australian Stroke Play title.
- He has coached PGA professionals to achieve 6 victories on the Australian PGA Tour including New Zealand Open Champion.
- Warwick is a Certified PGA Professional (Advanced in coaching) and has coached players at all levels from beginner to professional.
- He was the NSW Under 24 State Team coach in 2009 & 2010
- Mike Gonski is a partner at global law firm Herbert Smith Freehills specialising in employment law.
- Mike is an Angel investor in many of Australia’s startups and an active private equity and property investor.
- Mike is the chair of the Story Factory (a not for profit creative writing centre in Redfern and Western Sydney). Mike also sits on the boards of Carriageworks and ReachOut.
- Mike was the founding chair of New Gen which is the next generation of giving group (a network of the most philanthropic next generation in Australia).
- Mike was a recipient of philanthropy Australia’s emerging philanthropist award and used to sit on Philanthropy Australia’s board.
- Mike sits on the Prime Minister’s community and business partnership.
- Most importantly – for Mike, while he loves his wife and 2 kids more than anything, golf is only just second and he spends as much time as possible at NSW golf course.
- Aimée is a New York-based media and communications professional with a career spanning over 15 years.
- Currently, Aimée is the Global Head of Communications at Shutterstock, an intelligent creative platform listed on the New York Stock Exchange, where she oversees all external communications for the company in 11 regions, including the U.S., UK, France, Italy, Germany, South Korea, Singapore, Japan, Australia, Mexico and Brazil.
- Prior to her career in communications, Aimée served as an award-winning journalist and editor for over a decade, where she was published in top-tier publications, including New York Magazine, Marie Claire and Cosmopolitan.
- Aimée holds a Master of Science in Journalism from Columbia University in the City of New York, where she studied as the David Charles Nason fellow.
- She also holds a Bachelor of Laws from Macquarie University, as well as a Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) from Southern Cross University.
- Having completed his schooling in Rockhampton, Justin headed to Brisbane in 2000 on a golfing scholarship, where he also completed a Diploma in Sport Management. The next six years consisted of playing elite amateur tournaments, both domestically and internationally before turning professional at the start of 2007.
- Over the next four years, Justin completed in professional tournaments throughout Australia, Asia and Japan.
- After having to walk away from the game, Justin worked as Marketing Manager at Pine Rivers Golf Club, before starting a role in mid 2010 at the PGA of Australia as the Tournament Coordinator. In this role, Justin assisted in the growth of professional golf from a commercial and game development perspective, growing the Pro-Am Tour in QLD alone to $1.5million in prize-money in 2014.
- Justin was then offered a new position as Assistant State Manager – QLD in 2016, assisting in the development of Trainee Professionals, Legends Tour and commercial sponsorship of the QLD and NT Division.
- In early 2019, Justin left the PGA after 8.5 years and moved into an Operations and Client Relation role at onPlatinum ICT, a Managed Service Provider on the Gold Coast. Within 18 months, onPlatinum expanded into the Sydney market after acquiring Tango Technology, with the operation doubling overnight in both revenue and staff. In mid 2021, Justin was promoted as General Manager, assisting more with the strategy and future growth of the company.
- Tahnia has been a professional player since 2017. She has three professional wins, and has competed in the China LPGA & WPGA Tour since 2018.
- She attended university in the United States on a full golf and academic scholarship at Campbell University, North Carolina, graduating with a Bachelor of Science Majoring in Sports Management.
- In addition to her strength as a player, Tahnia is also the Manager for the Women’s NSW State Team, Events coordinator for NSW Golf and Social Media Coordinator for the Adidas Junior 6s Tour.
- Her passion for the game goes beyond playing on tour. She is passionate about junior golf, women in golf, and the progression of professional tours. Among other activities, she is a volunteer coach for the Golf Program at the Illawarra Academy of Sport, and coach at a women’s clinic with Aaron Keevers at Wollongong Golf Club.
- Jackson Ross is a Director in the Natural Resources & Infrastructure team in the Investment Banking division of Jarden.
- Prior to joining Jarden, Jackson spent over 13 years at Transurban as part of the senior leadership team. During his time at Transurban, Jackson was a director of Transurban Queensland and Interlink Roads.
- Aaron has been a professional golfer since 2003 and has played internationally for over 15 years.
- He is a current member of the PGA Tour of Australasia.
- He is a 3-time winner on the PGA Tour of Australasia.
We would love to hear from you.
Our team will happy to answer your questions. Please click the button below to contact us.